Chino Hills Roofing Companies
Many roofing companies will tell you that you need to have your roof inspected regularly. Just as men need to go to a medical practitioner for a regular checkup, your roof will need to undergo regular checkups. This can help you to notice potential problems early enough and ensure that they don’t escalate to dangerous levels.
Call Chino Hills roofing company at (909) 766-6428 for free quotes.
Roof Inspection for Older Homes
Even though roof repair will cause you a lot of conveniences, you can save a lot of money by having it done early enough. This is especially the case when you have an old roof. Even if your roof and shingles look great, a careful inspection may reveal some obvious damage. Therefore, you shouldn’t allow the superficial look to offer you that false sense of security.
Some roofers offer a basic roof inspection. This can consist of examining the interior of the roof from the ground. They will also look at the basic components like flashing. Even though this is necessary, there is a need for a more thorough inspection that can help to identify the concern areas that can lead to more roofing repair costs.
Roofing Inspection Checklist
In the below list, we provide a summary of the interior and exterior inspection tips. It is advisable to contact a roofer near me who will carry out a thorough inspection. Don’t try to complete the whole checklist by yourself.
Exterior Roof Inspection
- Curled, split or curled shingles
- Missing or loose shingles
- Exposed or loose nails
- Nails that seat wrongly
- Loose or broken shingles at the hip or ridgelines
- Missing caulk
- Corroded or rusty metal flashing
- Missing or damaged gashing
- Ridges sagging
- Shingles with broken seals
- Cracks on the chimney
- Excess loss of granule on shingles
- Check downspouts and gutters
- Check of the fascia boars is rotten or damaged
- Check the siding condition
- Check eaves and gutters for a proper overhang of shingles
Interior Roof Inspection
- Roof sheathing cracks
- Calculate the right attic ventilation
- Sagging decking
- Light from the outside getting into the home
- Confirm if there is proper ventilation on the attic intake vent
- Check proper ventilation on kitchen or bathroom exhaust fans
- Leakages around chimneys, vents and other openings to the outside
- Signs of wet insulation, condensation or mold
For a comprehensive roof inspection and roof repair, you will need to find reputable roofing companies. If you want a qualified, reliable, and experienced roofer, contact Chino Hills Roofing Pros at (909) 766-6428. Whether you need roofing installation or roof repair, we can help.